Preparing Your Home to Sell
These days, San Antonio is definitely a seller’s market in the real estate industry. As one of the fastest growing cities in America, San Antonio’s relatively low cost of living, rapid expansion and influx of population make it an ideal scenario for anyone looking to sell their home. That being said, there are always steps that can be taken to help ensure that your house is ready to make the best impression possible on potential buyers.
Here are some great tips to consider when you’re ready to sell your San Antonio home, courtesy of the San Antonio real estate pros at Stonepoint Properties.
- Clear out those closets and clutter – sellers can give away or pack up toys, linens and small kitchen appliances to store offsite. Buyers are also forgiving of storage boxes neatly tucked away in the garage of basement.
- Focus on the most visible areas – the entryway/foyer, kitchen, living room, master bedroom, and the family room.
- De-personalize the home by removing photos, mementos, and dated items.
- Use plants in colorful pots or inexpensive wicket baskets to fill empty spaces.
- Look to home catalogs for little details on beautifying the home. For instance, group books, pictures and art pieces appealingly on bookcases.
- Try angling one or two pieces of furniture slightly and move furniture 4 to 6 inches from the wall to create more interesting room spaces.
- Put away large collections – porcelains, plates and the like.
- Remove valuables, prescription medication, collectibles, and breakables.
- Trim trees, prune shrubs, and make sure the lawn is mowed and watered regularly.
- In the summer (when we don’t have a water restriction, of course), turn the sprinklers on for five minutes, 30 minutes before the open house. It makes the lawn and driveway sparkle.
- Refrain from cooking anything that leaves a distinctive odor, such as garlic, fish, or cabbage.
- Hire ap professional service to clean the home, including the carpets and windows.
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens, dishes and stemware.
- Arrange fresh or silk flowers throughout the home to add bursts of color and pleasing aromas.
- A mirror in a pretty frame can make a small room feel more open.
- Use as much natural light as possible. Add extra lamps to dark rooms or corners.
- Make functional repairs – fix dripping faucets, sticking doors, and broken fences.
- Bring in another pair of eyes – even if it’s not a professional stylist. The person may see problems that you’ve overlooked.
With these helpful tips, you’ll be able to sell your San Antonio home in no time. If you’re ready to consider selling, call the experts at Stonepoint Properties today and we’ll help you sell you home quickly and for the best value possible.